The mission of Clare Housing is to provide affordable housing, supportive services and compassionate care to people living with HIV/AIDS.
All persons living with HIV/AIDS have affordable, safe and stable housing with access to the supportive services they need to lead satisfying lives with dignity.
These core principles define our Mission and Vision, and guide our Work:
- RESPECT – We respect the dignity, diversity and worth of every human being.
- HONESTY – Our integrity rests in our commitment to truth. We are ethical, open, transparent, self-critical, and realistic.
- COMPASSION – We provide compassionate and holistic personal care through our presence and response to the thoughts, feelings and unique needs of each resident.
- COLLABORATION – A spirit of teamwork and cooperation guides our relationships with our residents, staff, volunteers, leadership and community.
- RESPONSIVENESS – We are sensitive to the current needs of our residents and the HIV/AIDS community, and are committed to flexible, anticipatory responses to changes in those needs.
- QUALITY – We hold ourselves to a standard of professional competence and practice to enhance the lives of those we serve.
- STEWARDSHIP – Stewardship requires that we use our natural, technical and human resources efficiently and effectively, and maintain the financial sustainability of Clare Housing.
In May 2010, Clare Housing’s board of directors approved a four year strategic plan. These goals are:
- Increase housing opportunities for people living with HIV/AIDS by 60 units
- Increase our influence in the creation of policy and allocation of resources at the local, state and national level
- Enhance our financial sustainability
Clare Housing will continue to work towards our vision that all persons living with HIV/AIDS have affordable, safe and stable housing with access to the supportive services they need to lead satisfying lives with dignity.