Clare Housing has a 30 year history of advocating for the nearly 9,000 people living with HIV in Minnesota. We do this by sharing the stories of how HIV impacts all of our lives. Together, our work with legislators and other public officials has served to…
- Ensure that Minnesota continues to provide affordable housing and related supportive services to low-income and homeless people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Demonstrate through data collection and HIV health outcomes how housing is a critical component of HIV healthcare and prevention.
- Build strong partnerships across party lines and government agencies to achieve a common goal of ending new infections in our state.
2017 Legislative Priorities
We Will Introduce and Move Legislation
- Introduce legislation mandating the creation of a statewide comprehensive plan to end HIV/AIDS in Minnesota.
- Explore and begin the process to build long-term support for a HIV-specific housing subsidy; introduce legislation if feasible in 2017/18.
We Will Monitor and Advocate for
- Federal programs such as Ryan White and Housing Opportunities for People Living with AIDS that impact the success of achieving the goals outlined in the National HIV/AIDS Strategy and funding.
- The Affordable Care Act and access to healthcare for people living with HIV.
- An individual’s choice in housing and supportive services, including the growth of affordable housing in our community.
- The rights of people living with HIV, the LGBT community and other minority populations.
- Increases in Medicaid waiver rates that would directly impact the care and services provided to people living with HIV as well as increasing wages paid to the professionals who provide these critically needed services each and every day.
Our Partners in this Work
Minnesota HIV Action Network
Minnesota HIV Housing Coalition
Coalition for Choice in Housing
Care Providers of Minnesota
Homes for All Coalition
Best Life Alliance
National AIDS Housing Coalition